A Next-Generation Tool for Broadband Deployments
EXFO’s MaxTester 635 is the perfect tool for any service provider deploying multiplay services over single-pair or bonded ADSL2+ and/or VDSL2. Its small form factor, rugged design and easy-to-use menus make it the ideal tool for installation and repair technicians. With the MaxTester 635, the testing process is highly automated and technicians close their jobs quickly and efficiently. The large display of the MaxTester 635 makes it even more user-friendly, and when it comes to saving results, it provides technicians with many connectivity options for uploading tests and compiling reports.
Work Smarter with the MaxTester 635
Equipped with SmartR™, the MaxTester 635 allows technicians to work smarter, not harder. SmartR is a suite of intelligent and automated tests that allow any technician to quickly and easily get an understanding of the condition of the line under test, as well as to identify and locate a variety of common circuit faults.
The Pair Detective feature automatically runs the most common line tests and provides graphical, color-coded results and pass/fail indications to detect conditions, including shorts, grounds, opens, battery, splits and imbalances.
FaultMapper utilizes time-domain reflectometry (TDR) technology to provide the additional capability of identifying the location of service affecting line faults including bridged taps, shorts, grounds and opens. EXFO’s unique SmartR presents results in an easy-to-understand, graphical format, making copper troubleshooting easier than ever before.
Key DSL Applications
- Ensures that the customer has the required bandwidth (downstream and upstream rates) for delivering triple-play services over single-pair or bonded ADSL2+ and VDSL2
- Validates that the IPTV and data services can operate on the circuit with the required QoS
- Verifies that the customer’s modem/router, equipment and inside wiring are operating correctly
- Proves data flow between the network and end equipment
Key Copper Applications
- Detection of potential bottlenecks on subscriber loops to ensure high-quality, consistent and error-free multiplay services
- 30 MHz spectrum analysis for circuit qualification in any VDSL2 band plan (8, 12, 17 and 30 MHz)
- Loop and fault analysis using proven TDR technique for VDSL2 or ADSL2+ prequalification
- Measurement and reporting of suspect voltages, opens and shorts
For more details, download the spec sheet.